Shop Local is our motto here in Woods Hole, as we’re surrounded by so many talented artists, makers, and creators that are our friends, neighbors, and fellow business owners. Shopping for locally made products is key to being a good traveler (and a good citizen of the world!) because it fosters a deeper connection with the destination you are visiting and its culture.By purchasing items crafted by local artisans and businesses, travelers to Woods Hole can directly support the community’s economy and help sustain traditional crafts and practices, and we appreciate that!
We rounded up some of our favorite locally made products, many of which reflect Woods Hole identity and heritage, making them meaningful souvenirs that carry stories and memories of your time spent here. Embracing locally made goods not only enhances the authenticity of your travel experience but will also leave a positive and lasting impact on our shopkeepers and artisans, helping to ensure they thrive for future generations to explore and appreciate!
Here’s a list of 10 locally-made products that you can find during your visit:
- Metalwork Jewelry by Gladys Panis: Handcrafted jewelry made from beautiful purple and white wampum shells, representing the traditional beadwork of the Wampanoag Tribe. Purchase at Under the Sun.
- Woods Hole T-shirts and Apparel: Unique and locally designed t-shirts, hoodies, and other apparel featuring iconic Woods Hole landmarks and themes. Purchase at Soft as a Grape.
- Woodworking: Handcrafted cutting boards, furniture, and home decor made from locally sourced materials. Purchase at Masterson Made, and made by co-owner Patrick Masterson himself.
- Hand-painted Artwork: One-of-a-kind paintings and artwork created by talented local artists, capturing the beauty of the area’s coastal landscapes or fish, like Waquoit Bay Fish Company, which you can find at Handworks Gallery.
- Cape-themed Soy Candles: Enjoy the smell of an ocean breeze off Vineyard Sound or sweet beach rose blooms at The Knob from the comfort of your own home. Available at Masterson Made where they are made in their Woods Hole studio.
- Cord Bracelets by Cape Clasp: a classic and wearable piece of art from a business that vows to protect our oceans. Find them, and many other locally made goodies and souvenirs, at Inlet.
- Handmade Pottery: Artistic mugs, bowls, and vases, crafted by skilled local potters like Weare Pottery, often inspired by the sea. Available at Inlet.
- Homemade Jams and Preserves: Locally made jams and preserves featuring fresh fruits and flavors, a delightful taste of Woods Hole to take home, made by Bog Lily Kitchen.
- Soaps and Skincare by Atlantic Soap Co.: Artisan soaps, lotions, and skincare products inspired by the sea and coastal surroundings. These cold-process soaps are handmade in small batches using seawater from Woods Hole. Find them at Masterson Made.
- Everything and more! For a one-stop shopping experience where you can pick up jewelry, paintings, sculptures, and more handmade goods from Cape Cod artisans don’t miss Handworks. They are a cooperative art gallery located just past the drawbridge on Water Street in Woods Hole that has been bringing local art to the community for almost 40 years!
Supporting locally made products not only allows you to take home a piece of Woods Hole but also contributes to our community’s economy and preserves the unique character of our charming coastal village. Enjoy exploring these authentic, handcrafted treasures during your visit! Discover more locally made items on the love.live.local website, a treasure trove of great local shopping on Cape Cod!