As the weather warms, most of us are eager to venture out again to take part in open-air activities, including outdoor dining. Woods Hole has long been a destination for visitors and locals looking to enjoy delectable seafood entrees and breathtaking waterfront views of Eel Pond and the harbor. This year it is even more exciting to have such extensive options for outdoor seating!
While Woods Hole is a haven for seafood lovers, visitors can also find a variety of food and drink options to meet diverse taste buds and budgets. In addition to fine dining venues and casual seafood spots, Woods Hole also boasts several cafes which offer a light breakfast, lunch and snacks.
Casual breakfast and lunch spots offering outdoor seating
There are several wonderful options to choose from when it comes to a quick and casual breakfast or lunch:
- Coffee Obsession— guests can sip specialty coffee drinks or eat a light snack on their open-air covered deck while watching the hustle and bustle of tourists, cyclists and ferry crowds on Water Street.
- Jimmy’s Classic Eats— a great option for a to-go meal for the ferry (it’s right across the street), the beach, or a picnic at the park. Jimmy’s serves up breakfast and lunch sandwiches, craft donuts, burgers and ice cream.
- Pie in the Sky— offering homemade baked goods to accompany quality coffee that’s roasted on the premises and tea beverages that can be enjoyed on their inviting outdoor patio. You will often spot bikers enjoying their morning coffee and pastries after arriving on the Shining Sea Bikeway!
- Woods Hole Market and Provisions–– provides a variety of breakfast options, sandwiches soup, pizza and more. The covered patio upstairs makes a great spot for open-air eating with scenic views of Eel Pond. It’s a great place for families to grab breakfast or lunch after a bike to Woods Hole or a walk around town.
Casual Seafood Restaurants with outdoor seating
There is no shortage of wonderful spots to dine outdoors in Woods Hole.
- Shuckers World Famous Raw Bar and Cafe— known for its lobster, steak and other seafood specialties which diners can savor in a laid back atmosphere seated on their harbor-side dock.
- Quicks Hole Taqueria— appealing to diners looking for a change from the classic American fare, its menu includes tacos, burritos, quesadillas and salads made with fresh seafood which patrons can eat on the lively patio overlooking the harbor. It’s casual atmosphere is perfect for families and pretty much anyone who loves Baja-fresh Mexican food!
- Woods Hole Wharf— coming soon (where the 41-70 was located) and will offer brick kiln pizza and seafood favorites overlooking Eel Pond and Woods Hole’s drawbridge!
Many visitors flock to Woods Hole for its waterfront fine-dining options. No matter the time of year, you will always enjoy the view from these restaurants.
- Captain Kidd Restaurant and Bar— serving seafood and steak entrees alongside exciting new options including dumplings and a sushi bar. In addition to the cozy indoor dining area, guests can sit outdoors on the waterfront deck on Eel Pond.
- Landfall Restaurant— at Landfall the menu features both land and sea options. Eat lunch and dinner in their dining room, a casual meal on the newly expanded patio, or relax with a cocktail on the waterfront deck off the back of the restaurant.
- Quicks Hole Tavern— guests can take in spectacular views of the ferry and harbor while choosing from a diverse menu featuring new American cuisine. The menu features a carefully curated variety of farm to table dishes.
- Water Street Kitchen— offering guests a cozy dining room with waterfront views of boats as they come and go from the harbor. The restaurant specializes in using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create unique meals.
What’s your favorite place to eat in Woods Hole? Let us know in the comments below!